Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found in an old Cooking Light magazine. I am finally getting to more of my recipe cutouts I've made in the past and entering them here. This is perfect for holidays and takes the old standby holiday ham and makes it extra special for family and friends.
- 7 lbs fully cooked half ham
- 1⁄2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place ham on a broiler pan lined with foil. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest portion of the ham. Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Score outside of ham in a diamond pattern.
- Combine cranberry sauce, sugar, and mustard and brush over the ham.
- Bake an additional 35 minutes or until thermometer registers 140°F.
- Transfer ham to a platter; let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
OH MY! I don't know if we were in hog heaven or if the ham was! This glaze deserves more then 5 stars. It is so simple to prepare, and the taste is amazing. I am the only one in the family (6 of us) that likes cranberry sauce yet every single person loved the ham. My youngest daughter was even licking the bowl I had mixed the glaze in (I didn't tell her it had cranberry sauce). This is definitely a "MUST TRY" recipe. Thanks for posting this keeper. Made and reviewed for the Winter 2011 Newest Zaar Tag Game.