Recipe by Darlene Summers
This relish is one that will look beautiful on your table for holidays, BBQs, lunches or dinners of any kind. It is delicious to boot.
Top Review by Merlot
We had BBQ ribs last night and I served this great corn relish dish. I loved the fact that it can be made ahead of time. I doubled the recipe using a combination of yellow corn and shoepeg corn. This not only tastes great but it is a very pretty dish. I made copies of it to give to my guests along with some to take home...they loved it also. Darlene Summers, you did it again...another great recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento (drained, thats about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (may add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (prepared)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed