Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
This relish is one that will look beautiful on your table for holidays, BBQs, lunches or dinners of any kind. It is delicious to boot.
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet whole kernel corn
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento (drained, thats about 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄3 cup of fresh green pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (may add more if you like it sweeter)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard (prepared)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine everything in a saucepan, mixing well.
- Bring to a boil. Boil 1 or 2 minutes, till clear and thick stir occasionally.
- Refrigerate several hours to blend.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups. May store in fridge for up to 3 weeks.
We had BBQ ribs last night and I served this great corn relish dish. I loved the fact that it can be made ahead of time. I doubled the recipe using a combination of yellow corn and shoepeg corn. This not only tastes great but it is a very pretty dish. I made copies of it to give to my guests along with some to take home...they loved it also. Darlene Summers, you did it again...another great recipe.