Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family always want me to bring this to all the holiday dinners. I never have any left to take home. This recipe is different from the other corn casseroles because it doesn't use cornbread mix in it.
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup diced red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 package saltine crackers, finely crushed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use shredded Velveeta)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 pinch pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a casserole dish.
- (I use a 9 inch round casserole that is about 6 inches deep.) Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour into casserole.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until top is golden and the middle isn't jiggly.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
This is very good recipe. I did subsitute frozen corn for a fresher corn taste. Other than that it was a big hit with my family at our family reunion dinner.