Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
This is a cookie mix I make every Christmas. When time is at a premium...being prepared is always a good thing. I got this from a Christmas edition of Pillsbury's Cookbook. Using the baking mix you can make several different cookies for your Christmas cookie trays. The beauty of this is you have the mix in the refrigerator to use whenever you have short time to whip up a lovely cookie! I will add the cookie recipes asap.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This is a really great idea. I halved the recipe to make Recipe #263328 and have the rest waiting in the fridge. I think I'm going to make some almond cookies with it next. Thanks! :)
holiday cookie mix
- 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup;level off.
- In a 4-quart bowl, combine 1/2 each of the flour, sugar,baking powder, salt.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, cut 1/2 of the butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place in a large, tightly covered container.
- Repeat with remaining half of ingredients.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Use within 4 weeks.
- Measure by dipping cup into mix;level off.
- Return unused mix to refrigerator or freezer.
- *Allow measured mix to come to room temperature before adding ingredients to make any of the recipes in this collection.
- Makes 22-23 cups cookie mix.
- To prepare cookie mix in food processor, place 1/4 of each ingredient in food processor bowl with metal blade.
- Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place in tightly covered container.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- If desired, recipe can be cut in half.
- Makes 11-12 cups cookie crumbs.