Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a cookie mix I make every Christmas. When time is at a premium...being prepared is always a good thing. I got this from a Christmas edition of Pillsbury's Cookbook. Using the baking mix you can make several different cookies for your Christmas cookie trays. The beauty of this is you have the mix in the refrigerator to use whenever you have short time to whip up a lovely cookie! I will add the cookie recipes asap.
holiday cookie mix
- 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups butter
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup;level off.
- In a 4-quart bowl, combine 1/2 each of the flour, sugar,baking powder, salt.
- Using a fork or pastry blender, cut 1/2 of the butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place in a large, tightly covered container.
- Repeat with remaining half of ingredients.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Use within 4 weeks.
- Measure by dipping cup into mix;level off.
- Return unused mix to refrigerator or freezer.
- *Allow measured mix to come to room temperature before adding ingredients to make any of the recipes in this collection.
- Makes 22-23 cups cookie mix.
- To prepare cookie mix in food processor, place 1/4 of each ingredient in food processor bowl with metal blade.
- Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Place in tightly covered container.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- If desired, recipe can be cut in half.
- Makes 11-12 cups cookie crumbs.
This is a really great idea. I halved the recipe to make Chocolate-Dipped Orange Supremes and have the rest waiting in the fridge. I think I'm going to make some almond cookies with it next. Thanks! :)
This is a nifty little recipe that I will keep in the pantry. I made only half a recipe this time as a test run for my Xmas cookies. So far I have only made the Coconut Cherry Chews and my gosh they were delicious. I can't wait to try the other kinds next.
What a great idea! I never would have thought to make up your own cookie mix to make a variety of kinds of cookies and brownies. I used this cookie mix to make Chocolate Mint Brownies and it worked great. The brownies were delicious!