Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are moist & chewy -- a pretty addition to any cookie platter.
- 4 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped glace red cherries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped glace green cherries (or use 1/2 cup of glace mixed fruit instead of the cherries)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Grease& lightly flour cookie sheets.
- In medium bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add sugar, flour, salt& almond extract; blend well.
- Stir in coconut& cherries (or fruit mix).
- Drop tablespoons onto cookie sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake 13-17 minutes or until set& lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets& cool completely.
My kids had a lot of fun whipping these up. We had extra egg whites that I needed use. This recipe was perfect for it. Thanks!