Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is a bit different from most snack mixes and is very tasty with a neat cinnamon flavor. The original recipe is from the "Spirit of Christmas" Book Three.
- 3 cups apple-cinnamon breakfast cereal
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup whole blanched almond
- 1 cup fried chow mein noodles
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute, use more if you want it sweeter
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Spread the cereal, pecans, almonds & chow mein noodles on a lightly greased cookie sheet (I cover mine with foil). Beat the remaining ingredients to mix well.
- Pour over the cereal mix, stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, stir frequently to keep the mix broken apart.
- Remove from oven and pour onto a sheet of wax paper to cool.