Recipe by Jennygal
This gorgeous pie is a snap to prepare when you bake a frozen pie crust, fill it and chill it. From Pillsbury.
- 1 pillsbury pet-ritz frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (113 g) box chocolate pudding mix, mix (not instant)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons crushed crushed red green and white hard peppermint candies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F Bake pie crust as directed on package for One-Crust Baked Pie Shell. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, stir together 1 1/4 cups milk and pudding mix; cook over medium heat as directed on box. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking while adding chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup milk and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly, just until marshmallows are melted. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream and peppermint extract on high speed until stiff. Gently stir in marshmallow mixture. Gently stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candies.
- Spread chocolate mixture in cooled shell; top with whipped cream mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons crushed candies on top. Store covered in refrigerator.