This gorgeous pie is a snap to prepare when you bake a frozen pie crust, fill it and chill it. From Pillsbury.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pillsbury pet-ritz frozen deep dish pie shell
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (113 g) box chocolate pudding mix, mix (not instant)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 6 tablespoons crushed crushed red green and white hard peppermint candies
- 1Heat oven to 400°F Bake pie crust as directed on package for One-Crust Baked Pie Shell. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, stir together 1 1/4 cups milk and pudding mix; cook over medium heat as directed on box. Reduce heat to low; continue cooking while adding chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Set aside.
- 3In 3-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup milk and marshmallows over low heat, stirring constantly, just until marshmallows are melted. Refrigerate about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon.
- 4In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream and peppermint extract on high speed until stiff. Gently stir in marshmallow mixture. Gently stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candies.
- 5Spread chocolate mixture in cooled shell; top with whipped cream mixture. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons crushed candies on top. Store covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Chocolate-Mint Pie
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 205.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: