Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great either as sandwich filling or used as an appetizer to stuff plum tomatoes or pastry puffs etc...Serving depend on whether you are serving as an appetizer or as a sandwich filling.
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ground black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayonnaise with paprika and seasonings.
- Blend in dried cranberries, celery, bell pepper, onion, and nuts.
- Add chopped chicken, and mix well.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Chill 1 hour.
This is my favorite chicken salad recipe. You can sub halved grapes or dried cherries for the cranberries and walnuts or slivered almonds for the nuts. I always add just a dash each of poultry seasoning and garlic powder to the mayo mixture. Great recipe.
I make this with canned chicken (I got the recipe from a sample person at Sam's club) and light mayo. I usually halve the recipe and often leave out the nuts. It's a good, easy (especially with canned, white-meat chicken) dish to make for lunch if friends are stopping by.
I made half of this recipe, exactly as directed except I used turkey in place of chicken (I still have some from thanksgiving in the freezer). At first, I wasn't crazy about it but after the flavours blended for a few hours, this made a very good sandwich on a rosemary olive oil wrap with broccoli sprouts, cucumber, and spinach leaves.