Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for when you are having company over. This dish is sure to please!
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 bag fresh spinach, cooked and well drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese with herbs (I like Rondele)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 package Ritz cracker, crushed (sleeve)
- Melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Lay 4 chicken breasts, not in the baking dish, and top with 1/4 of the spinach and 1 oz of the cheese on each breast.
- Place another chicken breast on top of each one and press down.
- Mix together the flour, salt and nutmeg and then dip the breast"sandwiches" in the mixture, then in the eggs, and then in the cracker crumbs.
- Place in the baking dish and keep each sandwich from touching.
- Bake at 500 for 15 minutes, or until completely cooked.