This recipe is a keeper! It's a great way to use up cereal you may have purchased on sale, and it's such a delicious snack you'll have a hard time stopping. Use any cereal you like (chex, cinnamon toast crunch, life, or whatever you have on hand). I tried this with cheerios, captain crunch, cocoa puffs, raisin bran, and whatever else I could find. My only thought for next time is why not add some miniature marshmallows to the mix? Recipe courtesy of A Thrifty Mom. Serving size is estimated. Thank you!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 cups cereal
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 1 cup almonds, sliced (or use any nuts you prefer)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1Mix cereal, almonds, pretzels, and coconut in a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine butter, sugar, and Karo.
- 3Over medium heat melt the butter and blend ingredients together.
- 4Stir while heating, and once it comes to a boil, cook for 2 minutes. Set a timer because if it cooks too long it will be too hard. If it doesn't cook long enough it will be too soft.
- 5Once it has cooked at a full boil for 2 minutes take the mixture off the heat.
- 6Sprinkle in the topped candy canes ( make sure you add them slowly so they don't turn into a large ball).
- 7As you sprinkle in the candy cane, whisk to prevent large lumps.
- 8Pour over the top of the cereal mixture in bowl and stir until all cereal is well coated.
- 9Then pour onto a greased cookie sheet and top with sprinkles if you want.
- 10Let cool, store in a zip lock bag and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Chex Mix
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.3
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 492.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: