Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a keeper! It's a great way to use up cereal you may have purchased on sale, and it's such a delicious snack you'll have a hard time stopping. Use any cereal you like (chex, cinnamon toast crunch, life, or whatever you have on hand). I tried this with cheerios, captain crunch, cocoa puffs, raisin bran, and whatever else I could find. My only thought for next time is why not add some miniature marshmallows to the mix? Recipe courtesy of A Thrifty Mom. Serving size is estimated. Thank you!
- 16 cups cereal
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 1 cup almonds, sliced (or use any nuts you prefer)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup candy cane, dust (chopped)
- Mix cereal, almonds, pretzels, and coconut in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan combine butter, sugar, and Karo.
- Over medium heat melt the butter and blend ingredients together.
- Stir while heating, and once it comes to a boil, cook for 2 minutes. Set a timer because if it cooks too long it will be too hard. If it doesn't cook long enough it will be too soft.
- Once it has cooked at a full boil for 2 minutes take the mixture off the heat.
- Sprinkle in the topped candy canes ( make sure you add them slowly so they don't turn into a large ball).
- As you sprinkle in the candy cane, whisk to prevent large lumps.
- Pour over the top of the cereal mixture in bowl and stir until all cereal is well coated.
- Then pour onto a greased cookie sheet and top with sprinkles if you want.
- Let cool, store in a zip lock bag and enjoy!
Sounds great gonna try it