Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy to prepare recipe makes two pies, enough for two occasions or one large party. I found this recipe at Tops Market courtesy of National Cherry Growers. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping. I plan to use homemade sweetened condensed milk and sugar free Cool Whip.
- 16 ounces frozen sweet cherries (1 3/4 cup)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (9 inch) chocolate crumb crusts
- Chop cherries while frozen. Keep frozen until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk; mix well. Add chopped cherries, lemon juice and almond extract; stir just until combined. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour cherry mixture evenly into pie crusts. Freeze 8 hours or overnight. Cut into serving size pieces.
- Garnish as desired. Serve immediately; pie slices thaw quickly. Store leftovers, covered, in freezer.
I made this last night for a dinner party tonight. It was quick and easy to whip up, and I ended up using two prepared pie shells instead of the one. (We used oreo cookie shells which I really feel worked extremely well for this.) It received high marks from everyone at the party, my DH only complaint was the oreo cookie shell since he doesn't like oreos. He think I should use the shortbread / vanilla wafer shell (I hate graham cracker) and add chocolate pieces in the filling.