Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 5 mins
This was on the cover of Taste of Home Holiday Recipe Card Collection.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted & finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- assorted holiday candy
- Place an ungreased 9 inch springform pan on a double thickness of heavy duty foil (about 18 inches square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs, pecans & brown sugar, stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1 1/2 inch un the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350* for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs & vanilla on low speed just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into crust. Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325* for 1-1/2 hours or until surface is no longer shiny and center is almost set.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream & sugar until smooth; spoon over hot cheesecake and spread to cover. Bake for 5 minutesor until topping is just set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with candies.