1/1 Photo of Holiday Cheese Spread
This is an excellent cheese spread to make for the holidays. Here in Miami as in Cuba, (BC) - before Castro, it is made as "bocaditos de jamon" and they are used for any & all celebrations. They serve it with a special roll or bun - that is on the sweet side - and they are also for canapes. It needs to chill 4 hours before serving, I didn't post the time needed to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans deviled ham spread
- 1 lb colby cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste, only if needed
Toasted herbed pita triangles
- 4 -6 small pita breads
- 3 -4 teaspoons original Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, deviled ham, Colby cheese, green olives and Dijon mustard.
- 3Season with dry mustard, chives, ground celery seeds, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- 5Pita triangles:.
- 6Spray with vegetable oil spray on both sides.
- 7Season with 4-6 teaspoons of original Mrs Dash seasoning, more if needed.
- 8Toast in toaster-oven or broil in oven for about 1-2 minutes until golden, more if needed.
- 9Cut into triangles and separate.
- 10Place spread on plate and serve with pita triangles and cocktail breads.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.9
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: