Recipe by Manami
This is an excellent cheese spread to make for the holidays. Here in Miami as in Cuba, (BC) - before Castro, it is made as "bocaditos de jamon" and they are used for any & all celebrations. They serve it with a special roll or bun - that is on the sweet side - and they are also for canapes. It needs to chill 4 hours before serving, I didn't post the time needed to chill.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I have made this dip for get togethers in the past using fresh garlic in place of garlic powder and let me tell you it is delicious! Must chill for about 4 or more hours before serving. Thanks for sharing DiSharf!...Kitten:)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cansdeviled ham spread
- 1 lb colby cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste, only if needed
Toasted herbed pita triangles
- 4 -6 small pita breads
- 3 -4 teaspoons original Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, deviled ham, Colby cheese, green olives and Dijon mustard.
- Season with dry mustard, chives, ground celery seeds, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- Pita triangles:.
- Spray with vegetable oil spray on both sides.
- Season with 4-6 teaspoons of original Mrs Dash seasoning, more if needed.
- Toast in toaster-oven or broil in oven for about 1-2 minutes until golden, more if needed.
- Cut into triangles and separate.
- Place spread on plate and serve with pita triangles and cocktail breads.