Recipe by Manami
Have made this using other ingredients for the liquer and fruit; we made this on Friday for a Drs' luncheon meeting. The results were awesome! Didn't allow for chilling time for the ingredients to marry.
- 3 (3 ounce) packagessponge type ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup
- Chambord raspberry liquor
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 4 -5 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate ladyfingers in half and dry in warm oven slightly toasty. (At about 300ºF for about 10 minutes or so.).
- Spread with jam and put back together. Cut into thirds.
- Place thawed berries in a sieve over a bowl and reserve liquid. Take the reserved raspberry juice and add to it enough Chambord to make 1 cup.
- Place 1/3 of ladyfingers in a glass trifle bowl or any other large bowl. Pour 1/3 of the liquid over and add 1/3 of the grapes and raspberries.
- Continue with remaining layers.
- Mix in a saucepan the sugar, cornstarch and egg yolk. Whisk in the milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until a wooden spoon comes out coated or of a custard consistency.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Cool completely. When cooled pour over the cake mixture.
- Cover with whipped cream and top with toasted almond slivers.