Prep 30 mins
Cook 38 mins
A shape straight from Santa’s workshop can transform an easy-to-make cake into the theme for your next holiday gathering. What a simple joy!
- 1 (18 ounce) package Betty Crocker Super Moist yellow cake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Betty Crocker fluffy white frosting mix
- 2 -3 pieces betty crocker fruit by the foot strawberry fruit leather (from 4.5-ounce box)
- Heat oven to 350°F Generously grease 12-cup bundt cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- Beat cake mix, milk, cream cheese, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 38 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes; turn upside down onto wire rack and remove pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To assemble, cut cake in half crosswise. Place half of cake on serving plate to form hook of candy cane. Cut remaining half into 5 equal pieces (about 2 inches wide). Stir half of the peppermint extract into each tub of frosting. Attach cut pieces to hook of candy cane with frosting, alternating pieces to form the straight part of the cane. Frost cake.
- To decorate, arrange strips of fruit snack rolls on cake to look like stripes on a candy cane. Store cake loosely covered at room temperature.