Prep 3 hrs 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This uses the famous Nutella, a chocolate-hazelnut spread! These taste awesome!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- decors nonpareils
- decorator sugar
- Beat butter, 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add egg and almond extract; beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder; gradually add to butter mixture, beating after each addition. Divide dough into four pieces; shape each piece into 7-inch log. Wrap inplastic wrap; refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Cut dough into Va-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets. Poke 4 holes in slices with toothpick or straw.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1 teaspoon chocolate-hazelnut spread on flat sides of half of cookies; top with remaining cookies. Roll sides of sandwich cookies in decors.