Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
My youngest son brought home this recipe from school. He wanted to make them. They turned out great. They were very easy to make and roll out. Very good tasting too.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, 2 cups of flour, and the sugar.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well blended. Slowly mix in the remaining 2 cups of flour.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/4 inch. Using cookies cutters, cut out shapes. Place them 1 1/2 inches apart on cookies sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on wire rack. Decorate as desired.
I made the dough exactly as directed in the recipe without making any adjustments or changes. And I really loved these cookies. I didn't decorate or frost them, and I thought they were just wonderful. But I can imagine they're probably even better with frosting and sprinkles in holiday colors. Thanks for posting your recipe, cheesygiraffe. Made for 2009 Fall Pick-A-Chef.