Recipe by amid
From Central Market. I tasted it there, and it's pretty fab! Great for Thanksgiving or other fall meals. Cook time is estimated, as I've not made this yet.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, trimmed and halved
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chestnuts, halved
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Brussels sprouts in a large saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water and steam until tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Rinse them with cold water and drain.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Saute shallots until golden, add Brussels sprouts, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Continue to saute Brussels sprouts until lightly golden; squeeze lemon juice over sprouts and mix well.
- Add chestnuts and heat throughout.
- In a separate saucepan, brown butter.
- Pour over sprout mixture and serve immediately.