Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
The holiday brownie recipe combines two favorites, chocolate and cherries. These rich and creamy brownies are guaranteed to be gone in the first day!
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
CHERRY CHEESE FILLING
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup drained maraschino cherry
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Cream Cheese Filling:.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer set on medium, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sugar, maraschino cherry juice, and egg and beat until smooth.
- Stir in maraschino cherries; set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter and chocolate. Heat on medium-high setting until melted, stir until smooth; set aside to cool for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat chocolate mixture, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Gradually beat in flour and salt, scraping bowl continue to beat for 1 minute.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Spread half of the batter into prepared pan.
- Spread cherry-cheese filling over batter.
- Carefully spread remaining batter over filling. Gently swirl with knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in middle of brownie pan.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Store covered in refrigerator.