Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a Light and Tasty magazine (I think that was the one) and I've used it a few times as a healthy alternative to the heavy dips that are served at holiday parties. It's a tasty addition to any soiree as well as a great dish to double and take to a potluck! (Originally submitted my Beth Parker of Graysville, AL)
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry vegetable soup mix (I've also used onion soup mix in a pinch but it really changes the flavor)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- pita chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place broccoli and water in a 1.5 qt microwave safe dish. Cover and microwave on High for 4 minutes or until crisp tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, 1/2 c cheese and soup mix.
- Gently stir in broccoli.
- Transfer to an ungreased shallow 1 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted.
- Serve with pita chips.