This makes a perfect Christmas breakfast and is so colorful! I have made this for a holiday brunch and just cut each tortilla into 4 before serving, giving you 32 bite sized pieces.
- 1 green pepper, chopped finely
- 1 red pepper, chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional)
- 1 tablespoon salsa (optional)
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham, I use honey maple
- 8 small flour tortillas, use red and green for a Christmas Brunch
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- Saute vegetables in skillet with butter or oil until tender.
- Remove from pan and add eggs.
- Scramble fry until cooked and then add sour cream and salsa.
- Add rest of the ingredients, saving one cup of cheese for the topping, and heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of mixture into center of tortilla and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a casserole.
- Repeat until all tortillas are filled.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- These do freeze well, but not for an extended period of time. Freeze after step 7. Wrap well, label and freeze. To serve: place frozen enchiladas into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes or until derfrosted. Top with cheese and then bake as directed.