Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital community cookbook. Includes hash browns, diced ham,and two kinds of cheese.
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded (Jack can be substituted)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- salsa, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 10" pie pan.
- Spread hash browns in pan, brush with melted butter and bake 25 minutes.
- Layer ham, cheeses, and chiles on top of hash browns. Combine eggs, milk, and salt. Pour over ham, cheese and chiles.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Place salsa on top before serving, if desired.
This was really good. I did modify it only because my family isn't big on spicy breakfast. I excluded the chilies and salsa, added bacon and some more egg mixture. The jack cheese was excellent, and the whole family had seconds. This will stay a family tradition for years to come. Thanks for sharing :)