1 hr 10 mins
This recipe, from my mom's cookbook, is yellowed with age.. I remember her making it during the holidays every year. It's like a fruitcake, but more of an oatmeal loaf - with just a touch of dried fruit. Mom would toast thick slices and spread cream cheese on it for us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix oatmeal with buttermilk well. Let stand 20 minutes.
- 2Combine other ingredients and add oatmeal and buttermilk mixture. Blend WELL.
- 3Pour into buttered loaf pan (9x5x3). Bake in preheated oven, 350, for 45*50 minutes. Decorate with mixed fruit and/or nuts. (I do this during the last 15 min by gently pushing fruit/nuts inches.
- 4If browning occurs too quickly, tent foil on top.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Bread
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.4
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 389.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed glace fruit