Recipe by MARIA MAC *
This bread is really nice for the holiday's. I usually use cranberries as I don't care for raisin's too much.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup oil
- 5 ounces dried cranberries (or raisins, or dried cherries, that were covered with bourbon overnight)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in order given and mix well.
- Bake in 2 greased and floured bread pans at 350d. for approximately 60 minutes (test center to be use it is done with toothpick - must come out dry).
- Pour glaze listed below over warm bread immediately after pulled from oven. Remove from pan when cool.
- Bring to boil & simmer 5 mintes. Pour over breads .