Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is so tasty & bursting with flavor that accents your turkey and dressing...ham, too. We double the recipe to feed our large family (and then you need leftovers, right??) This recipe has been around for 40-50 years and we serve at each holiday. Make it your tradition, too!
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add hot water to a med-large tempered bowl along with the orange juice and jello flavoring packets and disssolve thoroughly.
- Chill until syrupy (30-40 mins)in a 9 x 9 or 9 X 13 dish (the only slight difference will be the depth of salad).
- Chop celery finely in Food Processor, remove to a small dish and set aside.
- Peel rind close to the zest.
- Grind rind and cranberries in food processor until chopped ever so thinly (I remember when we chopped all by hand!).
- Add sugar and mix with cranberry mixture. I stir right into food processor for one less dish.
- When jello is syrupy, add cranberry mixture, nuts and finely chopped celery, mixing well in your dish.
- Or you can transfer into a mold.
- Refrigerate until firm (several hours).