4 hrs 20 mins
Southern Lady's Note:
This salad is so tasty & bursting with flavor that accents your turkey and dressing...ham, too. We double the recipe to feed our large family (and then you need leftovers, right??) This recipe has been around for 40-50 years and we serve at each holiday. Make it your tradition, too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to a boil.
- 2Add hot water to a med-large tempered bowl along with the orange juice and jello flavoring packets and disssolve thoroughly.
- 3Chill until syrupy (30-40 mins)in a 9 x 9 or 9 X 13 dish (the only slight difference will be the depth of salad).
- 4Chop celery finely in Food Processor, remove to a small dish and set aside.
- 5Peel rind close to the zest.
- 6Grind rind and cranberries in food processor until chopped ever so thinly (I remember when we chopped all by hand!).
- 7Add sugar and mix with cranberry mixture. I stir right into food processor for one less dish.
- 8When jello is syrupy, add cranberry mixture, nuts and finely chopped celery, mixing well in your dish.
- 9Or you can transfer into a mold.
- 10Refrigerate until firm (several hours).
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Best Cranberry Jello Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 99.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 44.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g