Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very nice Holiday side dish
- 1 lb frozen cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (home made are best)
- Cook beans to tender crisp.
- adding orange peel before cooking, drain.
- Stir in cranberries and honey.
- Top with bacon bits.
- Heat through (if using fresh cranberries, wait until they start to pop).
What a festive look on the table for the holidays. The taste was excellent! Our German guess enjoyed the cranberries. (There are no cranberries in Germany.)
I've made this recipe for the past couple of years, Christmas and Thanksgiving. I use frozen whole green beans and just throw it all in the crockpot and cook it till I need it. The flavors are terrific! Thanks - Derf
This recipe was an interesting take on the same old green beans. I loved the colors, this dish is beautiful. I added 3 tbsp of some homemade cranberry sauce to the beans (actually I made Cranberries Grand Marnier, recipe #183251 from this site) and that seemed to work better than the dried cranberries, which ended up falling to the bottom of the dish. I also used fresh, steamed beans as opposed to frozen ones. The result was terrific. The salty bacon bits mixed with the sweet cranberries and the orange kick is a much more interesting way to eat green beans than the way I usually prepare them.