Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very nice Holiday side dish
Make and share this Holiday Beans With Cranberries recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb frozen cut green beans
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits (home made are best)
- Cook beans to tender crisp.
- adding orange peel before cooking, drain.
- Stir in cranberries and honey.
- Top with bacon bits.
- Heat through (if using fresh cranberries, wait until they start to pop).
What a festive look on the table for the holidays. The taste was excellent! Our German guess enjoyed the cranberries. (There are no cranberries in Germany.)
Wow, after dinner my Mom asked for some of the leftover beans - ha! no leftovers, these disappeared, even the ones not wild about green beans ate these.
So easy, so pretty and so good. I did add a touch more orange zest after draining, was cooking at my Mom's and had forgotten the bacon, beans were still great, can%u2019t wait to try with bacon bits the next time I make this recipe which is a total keeper.
I've made this recipe for the past couple of years, Christmas and Thanksgiving. I use frozen whole green beans and just throw it all in the crockpot and cook it till I need it. The flavors are terrific! Thanks - Derf