Recipe by Dotty2
This is a bread that I make at holiday time as well as during the year. Double the recipe to have enough for smaller gift loaves.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup fine shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cherries
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed banana
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- beat in eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- Measure first amount of flour, add baking soda and baking powder and salt into separate bowl and stir.
- toss walnuts, coconut and cherries with second amount of flour in another bowl.
- Add flour in 4 additions alternately with banana in 3 additions, beginning and ending with flour.
- Add fruit mixture, mix only until blended, do not overmix.
- turn into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 50-60 minutes or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack to cool.