Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like banana cake, this holiday version is sure to please you.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups mashed bananas
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, chopped (use both red and green)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelopepre-melted unsweetened chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan. Dry the cherries on paper towels.
- Combine flour, soda and salt; set aside. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Add vanilla and beat inches Mix in bananas and sour cream. Add flour mixture. Fold in nuts, cherries and morsels.
- Turn batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake in preheated over for 55-60 minutes. Test with a toothpick to be sure cake is done but do not overbake. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Turn out and continue cooling on wire rack. When cool, spoon on Chocolate Glaze.
- To make Chocolate Glaze: Combine ingredients for glaze and beat until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cake, allowing the glaze to run down the cake sides.