Prep 50 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nobody doesn't like banana cake, to paraphrase a cake-maker we all know and love. And this banana cake is made Christmas special with the addition of lots of good things.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups mashed bananas
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup drained maraschino cherry, chopped (half red and half green suggested)
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate square, melted (1 square)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs until smooth. Add vanilla. Mix in bananas and sour cream.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix. Fold in nuts, cherries, and morsels.
- Turn batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until it tests done. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn cake out of pan and continue cooking on wire rack. When cool, spoon on Chocolate Glaze. To make glaze, combine all ingredients and beat until smooth. Let the glaze run down the sides of the cake.