1/1 Photo of Holiday Bakery Tray Cookies
Basic recipe for the gourmet bakery tray cookies you see wrapped in colored cellophane in bakeries at holiday time
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Cream softened butter.
- 3Mix in sugar thoroughly.
- 4Beat in egg yolk, and extracts until light and fluffy.
- 5Stir in flour by hand, 1 cup at a time, making a soft dough.
- 6Press cookies out following directions for your cookie press.
- 7Suggestions are "Fingers", "S-swirls", "Stars", and "Shells".
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes (depending on size) at 350°.
- 9Let cool completely on a rack.
- 10Optional: Melt 8 squares of semisweet chocolate over hot (not boiling) water.
- 11When melted, remove from flame but leave it over the hot water.
- 12Dip each cookie in hot chocolate, resting it on a long tined fork.
- 13It can be half dipped or bottom dipped or however you choose.
- 14Let set upside down on rack or waxed paper.
- 15It helps set the chocolate if you place the dipped cookies in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 16The chocolate should remain solid at room temperature, but a hot summer day could make it soft enough to give anyone sticky fingers.
- 17In that case store in the refrigerator.
- 18While chocolate is still warm you can dip the edge in coconut or ice cream sprinkles (jimmies) The finger shapes can also be spread with raspberry or apricot Jam and sandwiched together.
- 19This produces the fancy cookies seen on Bakery trays.
- 20Notes: The dough can also be chilled for several hours and then rolled out to make cut out cookies.
- 21For a different flavor leave out the almond extract and substitute 2 teaspoons of orange or lemon extract.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Bakery Tray Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (827 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 930.0
- Calories from Fat 435
- Total Fat 48.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 191.9 mg
- Sodium 10.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 114.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 50.6 g
- Protein 9.9 g