Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
- 1 (8 1/2 lb) bone-in smoked ham
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- whole cloves
- maraschino cherry
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove rind from ham.
- Place ham on rack in open roasting pan, fat side up.
- Insert meat thermometer with bulb in thickest part away from fat or bone.
- Roast ham in oven about 3 hours.
- Drain pineapple; reserve syrup.
- In small saucepan, combine syrup, preserves, mustard and allspice.
- Bring to a boil; continue boiling, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven, but keep oven hot.
- Stud ham with cloves; brush with glaze.
- Using wooden picks, secure pineapple and cherries to ham.
- Brush again with glaze.
- Return ham to oven.
- Roast 30 minutes longer or until thermometer registers 160°F (about 25 minutes per pound total cooking time).
- Brush with glaze 15 minutes before done.
- Let ham stand 20 minutes before slicing.
This was so delicious! We all enjoyed it. It reminded me of the hams my mum used to bake for the Holidays. I'll make my hams this way always. Thank-you!
My picky DH said, "Wow - a ham straight out of the 60's!" It was great, and pretty, and anachronistic!
Enjoyed very much! Thank-you