My grandmother used to make a 'Sausage Apple Ring' every Christmas Day morning - which was a tradition. It is one of our favorites, and while her 'ring' took over an hour to prepare/cook - I wanted to have the same taste without the time, so I adapted her recipe a bit to this quick and easy sausage patty recipe. I did substitute bread crumbs in her recipe for crushed cheesy crackers and instead of onion - replaced with sauerkraut. I also love sage in sausage, and since I grow my own fresh sage in my little herb garden, I also incorporated some of it as well. These are very good, my teenage son (who is one of the pickiest eaters ever) loves them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients & mix thoroughly.
- 2Separate meat into patties about 6 (8 if you prefer smaller portions).
- 3Fry in skillet on medium heat until done.
- 4Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess fat/grease.
- 5These are great with Holiday morning breakfasts especially in the fall & winter months.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Apple Sausage Patties
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.9
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 125.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: