Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandmother used to make a 'Sausage Apple Ring' every Christmas Day morning - which was a tradition. It is one of our favorites, and while her 'ring' took over an hour to prepare/cook - I wanted to have the same taste without the time, so I adapted her recipe a bit to this quick and easy sausage patty recipe. I did substitute bread crumbs in her recipe for crushed cheesy crackers and instead of onion - replaced with sauerkraut. I also love sage in sausage, and since I grow my own fresh sage in my little herb garden, I also incorporated some of it as well. These are very good, my teenage son (who is one of the pickiest eaters ever) loves them.
- Combine all ingredients & mix thoroughly.
- Separate meat into patties about 6 (8 if you prefer smaller portions).
- Fry in skillet on medium heat until done.
- Remove from skillet and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain excess fat/grease.
- These are great with Holiday morning breakfasts especially in the fall & winter months.