Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not just for a holiday but for any day. Wonderful use of Apples. A real crowd pleaser. Recipe from Terhune Orchards.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups apples, pared, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream Crisco, sugar and vanilla thoroughly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour with baking powder and soda.
- Add to cream mixture, alternately with sour cream, blending after each addition.
- Spread half of the batter in a 10-inch tube pan that has been greased and lined on the bottom with waxed paper.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Add apples and nuts. Mix well.
- Dot batter in pan evenly with half of the apple mixture. Cover with remaining batter.
- Then dot with remaining apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated-oven, 350° about 50 minutes.
- Cool cake 10 minutes before removing from pan.
This cake turned out well! I increased the baking powder to 2 teaspoons, also I incresed the cinnamon to 2 teaspoons, and also increased the sugar, I used 3 small apples, and baked it in a bundt pan. Thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)