Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This cake always makes an appearance at our Christmas Eve family get-together. I hope your family enjoys it as well!
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups plain flour
- 3 cups diced apples
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1 cup finely grated coconut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream oil, sugar, and eggs with an electric mixer until it is well-blended.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed oil, sugar, and eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Blend in apples, coconut, raisins, pecans, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the entire mixture very well.
- Bake in a greased and floured "Bundt" pan at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.