Chef mariajane's Note:
This is a great appetizer for your holiday parties. The crusts may bubble during baking and need to be pricked with fork again. Also to make this vegetarian, omit the meat and increase the roasted red peppers to 1 1/2 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups swiss cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup chopped ham or 2/3 cup cooked sausage, crumbled or 2/3 cup pepperoni, diced or 2/3 cup bacon, cooked, crumbled
- 3/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced, including tops
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, well drained, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups carnation regular evaporated milk or 2 cups carnation evaporated 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Grease or line a 10x15 - inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening using pastry blender or 2 knives until all flour is blended in to form pea-size chunks. Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoons at a time. Toss lightly with fork until dough forms ball.
- 4Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to fit jelly-roll pan. Place dough in prepared pan, folding edges under. Flute edges. Prick crust with fork.
- 6Sprinkle cheese, ham, onions, parsley and red peppers evenly over crust. In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over filled crust.
- 7Bake in preheated oven 35 minutes or until set. Cool 5-10 minutes. Cut into 2 x 1 1/2 inch pieces.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Holiday Appetizer Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (1714 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.2
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.0 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.4 g