Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
May use chicken or tuna salad instead of crab.
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 170.09 g can crabmeat, drained and cartlidge removed
- 118.29 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 14.79 ml snipped chives
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks. Immediately slit puffs to allow steam to escape.
- When cool, split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in remaining filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon filling into puffs; replace tops.