Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
May use chicken or tuna salad instead of crab.
Make and share this Holiday Appetizer Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml butter
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 170.09 g can crabmeat, drained and cartlidge removed
- 118.29 ml shredded swiss cheese
- 14.79 ml snipped chives
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks. Immediately slit puffs to allow steam to escape.
- When cool, split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in remaining filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon filling into puffs; replace tops.