Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
May use chicken or tuna salad instead of crab.
Make and share this Holiday Appetizer Puffs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and cartlidge removed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water, butter, and salt to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400°F for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Remove to wire racks. Immediately slit puffs to allow steam to escape.
- When cool, split puffs open; remove tops and set aside. Discard soft dough from inside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in remaining filling ingredients. Just before serving, spoon filling into puffs; replace tops.