Recipe by Charmie777
Cute and easy little appetizers cut in holiday shapes!
Top Review by gourmetmomma
these were fun for my kids to help make, and they enjoyed eating all the scrap pieces that i baked. if rolled in brown sugar and cinnamon, these taste a little like donuts when fresh out of the oven. make sure your oven has finished preheating. if not, these tend to burn on the bottom. and, make sure your cookie cutter is sharp. the open kind (made with one flat strip of metal) work best. i'll make these again for a quick holiday treat, or just to keep my kids entertained on a rainy day.
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 of 17.5 oz package)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- parmesan cheese or sesame seeds or poppy seeds or dried dill weed or dried basil or paprika or green sliced ripe olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Roll pastry on lightly floured surgace to 13x13 square.
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters (simple shapes work best).
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Brush cut-outs lightly with oil.
- Decorate with desired toppings.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.