Recipe by Lorac
Potatoes baked with a core of bacon and scallion. You will have great fun experimenting with this recipe. I have made them using fresh herbs, garlic slivers and grated cheese. (Added post review) Some of the newer apple corers are much larger. Mine is made by OXO.
Top Review by Julie Hollie
I did not find this recipe to be all that good. The apple corer does not make a very big hole and I barely had enough room to put the bacon in let alone the scallions and cheese. I think it would work better if you used something larger than an apple corer. I won't be making this again.
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 slice lean center cut bacon
- fresh fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, tails
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven or covered BBQ grill to 350°F.
- Wash potatoes and cut a thin slice off each end.
- Plunge an apple corer through one cut end (lengthwise) as far as it will go, twist and remove.
- Sprinkle bacon with pepper, top with a scallion"tail" and fold the bacon over the scallion.
- Insert into the potato, packing in the bacon and scallion with a finger, trim if necessary to leave room at both ends for a"plug".
- Cut slices off the potato cores, wide enough to plug the holes, when the slices are turned sideways.
- Plug both ends of the potatoes, wrap in foil and bake 50- 60 minutes or until done.