Recipe by COOKGIRl
A refreshing and colorful summer fruit salad with no mayonnaise-imagine that! I clipped this recipe out of our local grocery store's weekly advertisement flyer. This recipe will only work with the freshest, juiciest fruit you can find.
Top Review by magpie diner
I have to agree with UmmBinat, this fruit salad deserves a more elegant name, because it's quite a masterpiece! I had everything except the peaches/nectarines...I'm sure they'd be a nice addition but certainly it didn't feel like anything was missing, especially since I added watermelon as suggested. The amount of rose water is just right, a hint, not overwhelming. Look forward to making this again.
- 1 small cantaloupe
- 1⁄2 honeydew melon
- 1 small yellow flesh watermelon (optional, my addition) or 1 small red flesh watermelon (optional, my addition)
- 2 ripe peaches (not mushy) or 2 nectarines (not mushy)
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon good quality honey
- fresh edible flowers, such as nasturtium, rose petals (to garnish, make sure the flowers are not chemically sprayed with pesticides) or lavender (make sure the flowers are not chemically sprayed with pesticides)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube the cantaloupe, honeydew and watermelon into bite size pieces or use a melon baller to shape.
- Peel and remove stone from peaches or nectarines. Cut into cubes.
- In small bowl, whisk all liquid ingredients together. (Soften the honey if necessasry by quickly warming the honey either on the stove top or zap a few seconds in the nuker.).
- Combine the dressing with the fruit. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with edible flowers.
- Chill at least an hour. Prior to serving, add more lime juice, etc .if necessary. **Yield is estimated.**.