Recipe by Kiwiwife
These are too cute! Adapted from Hey there Cupcake cookbook! My mom & I made 35 for daughters birthday! Fun!
Top Review by Donna W.
Those are really cute. I make hamburger cookies: vanilla wafers for the bun, thin mints for the burger. Use green coconut for the lettuce; red frosting for ketchup; yellow frosting for mustard. Stick the sesame seeds on the top "bun" by using a 10x sugar/water glaze. (start with the glaze, then add more sugar, and yellow food coloring for the mustard---then red for the ketchup----If you do it in this order you only have to make one bowl of 10x mixture.) I don't have the technology to send a picture.<br/>You can also make mini 'sliders' by using jr. mints and mini vanilla wafers. This is fun for the kids to make----
- 24 vanilla cupcakes
- 12 chocolate cupcakes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans white frosting
- green food coloring
- red food coloring
- sesame seeds
- simple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- To assemble:.
- Cut tops off all cupcakes (buns).
- Cut thin ring from vanilla bottoms (tomato).
- Turn half vanilla cupcakes inverted on tray and pipe on green frosting around edge for lettuce.
- Top with chocolate top.
- Place red frosted thin ring for tomatoes on chocolate one.
- Top off with vanilla "bun".
- Brush with simple syrup and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place frilled toothpick through burger!