Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this recipe while surfing the web. Similar to the bread sold by Chinese bakeries. Prep time doesn't include rising time.
- 5 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 10 g dry active yeast
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (heavy cream)
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl of an electric stand-mixer. Remember separate the yeast from salt and sugar to avoid the dehydration.
- Knead until gluten is fully developed and the dough is elastic, smooth, non-sticky and leaves from sides of mixing bowl. Cover with a damp towel and allow the dough to ferment until double in size, about 60 minutes.
- Take out the dough and press out the gas produced during the proof. Divide it into 4 portions. Round up and let rest for about 20 minutes.
- Roll each dough out and roll up and place in a 13x33x12 cm loaf pan. After shaping, let the dough rise up to 2/3 full. Brush with egg wash or milk. Bake in a preheated 170C/340F oven for about 40 minutes.