Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really yummy. A crunchy biscuit with a lovely aroma. These biscuits are really simple and seem to be hugely popular with menfolk.
- 3 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain flour
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Warm milk and golden syrup in a mug in microwave (only for about 30 seconds or else it will curdle) Add baking soda to milk and golden syrup and beat with a teaspoon until frothy.
- Stir into butter and sugar mixture.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls, place onto baking tray and flatten with fork.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 C for 10-15 minutes.
- Don't overcook.
I love this recipe, so quick, easy and tasty.
My DH and I loved these. I didn't know how it could possibly work but it did. They were chewy and crisp. I think I overcooked them but didn't really know what I was aiming for. Next time I'm going to cut down on the butter as they were greasy. Also, I used a gluten free flour mixture but that didn't seem to matter.
Sweet, chewy and crisp! I baked these cookies at 350 for 12 minutes. I used honey in place of the golden syrup. Yummy! Thanks. Made for Pick A chef http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0