1/2 Photos of Hoisin Tofu With Vegetables
My adaptation of a Weight Watchers recipe. The 30 minutes preparation time represents the time needed to press the tofu before cook, as the actual effort involved is minimal. Generous portions and big flavors for just 6 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 396.89 g firm tofu
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 9.85 ml chili-garlic sauce
- 9.85 ml ginger, grated
- 9.85 ml dark sesame oil
- 591.47 ml bok choy, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6-8 medium white mushrooms, sliced
- 1If your cube is 2 inches high slice in half horizontally to create 2 1-inch thick pieces. Wrap the tofu block(s) in several layers of heavy-duty paper towels or a clean dish cloth. Place a heavy pan or object on top and leave it there for 30 minutes to squeeze out the moisture from the tofu brick. before pressing. Remove the tofu from the wrap and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 2Mix together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sherry, chili sauce and ginger together and toss with the tofu cubes to coat.
- 3Heat the sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bok choy, mushrooms and bell pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic slices and cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low; add tofu mixture. Cook 2 minutes or until tofu is thoroughly heated and vegetables are glazed.
- 4Serve with brown or white rice.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Tofu With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.6
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 816.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: