Prep 3 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Just when you thought you would never find a genuine Cantonese hoisin sauce...well, this one's it...and wow, is is yummy. This wonderful sauce can be used with so many different other recipes. (note: marinade time is prep time)
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (this can be purchased in any Asian section of your grocery store)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 -5 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 2 lbs pork ribs, cut crosswise
- Mix first 4 ingredients.
- Rub all over the ribs to coat well.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 3 or more hours.
- Remove from fridge; grill over medium heat, turning once or twice, or until ribs are slightly charred and cooked.
- Let cool slightly; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Serve with any leftover sauce.
- Note: if you prefer lots of sauce, just double the recipe.