Recipe by jrusk
My mom saw this on TV and thought I'd like the recipe. I think it was on the Today show. The original recipe is from Sandi Richard's but I've changed it to suit our tastes a bit. I've also made this without the sweet chili sauce and it tasted just fine. Easy, quick recipe using what I normally have on hand.
Top Review by Ilovemy4kids
My dish was received with mixed reviews. My daughter did not like this one at all, yet my son said it was quite palatable. Taste was sweetish sour, and somewhat spicy. Easy enough to prepare. Thank you for posting.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, reduced-sodium
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sambal oelek (crushed chili paste)
- 1 lb frozen green beans (I use fresh)
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- cornstarch (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat both oils in a large nonstick fry pan or wok at medium-high. Cut beef into thin short strips, against the grain. Add beef to pan, toss and sauté slightly for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced onion and green beans, toss. Add garlic and ginger. (I like my beans a little more done. I usually put the cover on to cook them for about 5 more minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, hoisin sauce and chili paste. Stir to combine.
- (Add mixture of cornstarch and water if desired to thicken).
- Serve with rice.