Susie in Texas's Note:
I found this recipe on the net at another site. The original recipe calls for 1 tablespoon garlic powder but I like it better using fresh garlic cloves. This is a little bit mild compared to bottled Hoisin sauce but it is a great substitute in any oriental dish or marinade. All of the ingredients are available at your grocery, except maybe the yeast extract, which I found at a health food store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain kidney beans, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid for this recipe.
- 2Place all ingredients into your blender or food processor.
- 3Process to a puree.
- 4Pour puree into a colander or strainer placed over a small mixing bowl.
- 5Using the back of a spoon, press puree through the colander.
- 6Discard any leftover bean skins.
- 7Keep this refrigerated and stored in a glass jar with a lid.
- 8It will keep for 7 days under refrigeration.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hoisin Sauce Substitute
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1397.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 10.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: