Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the net at another site. The original recipe calls for 1 tablespoon garlic powder but I like it better using fresh garlic cloves. This is a little bit mild compared to bottled Hoisin sauce but it is a great substitute in any oriental dish or marinade. All of the ingredients are available at your grocery, except maybe the yeast extract, which I found at a health food store.
- Drain kidney beans, reserving 1/4 cup of liquid for this recipe.
- Place all ingredients into your blender or food processor.
- Process to a puree.
- Pour puree into a colander or strainer placed over a small mixing bowl.
- Using the back of a spoon, press puree through the colander.
- Discard any leftover bean skins.
- Keep this refrigerated and stored in a glass jar with a lid.
- It will keep for 7 days under refrigeration.